The land of magical adventures!
David’s incredible cake decorating journey has taken him and his assistant Edward from Liverpool UK to many countries in Europe and then on to USA.
After a telephone call from Hong Kong in 2012, a new adventure began as Asian Corporate Executives invited David and Edward as their international guests of honour to attend many VIP corporate events, seminars, conventions, bakery expos and charity benefit galas.
Corporate events included:
- An invitation from Asian Corporations Jones Lang Lasalle Real Estate in association with Bio Em Environmental and Complete Deelite to attend ‘The Royal Diamond Jubilee Tea Party’ taking place at the luxurious Aberdeen Club in Hong Kong Harbour to celebrate Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II Royal Diamond Jubilee.
- A Charity Benefit Gala in Kuching, Sarawak in East Malaysia on the island of Borneo hosted by KINO Events.
- Officially open a new bakery store outlet of large Malaysian Bakery Chain Bakers’ Talk
- Give a presentation speech about the history and cultural heritage of Royal Icing as well as perform a selection of his original music compositions live on a grand piano during a VIP Wedding Fair at the luxurious Futian
Shangri-La Hotel in Shenzhen, China.
- Meet Executive Chefs at the luxurious Futian Shangri-La Hotel in Shenzhen, China and share his creative free-hand / free-style cake decorating design ideas.
- Present a demonstration of Royal Icing free-hand / free-style piping and perform a selection of his original music compositions live on a grand piano during Royal Brunei Airlines Executive Convention taking place at the luxurious Futian Shangri-La Hotel in Shenzhen, China.
- Hong Kong International Bakery Expo (HKIBE) Chief Executives invited David to Hong Kong as their international guest of honour to give a presentation speech at VIP cocktail party taking place at The Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center. David was joined on stage by fellow Royal Icing associates from USA and Italy as he presented a speech about the history and cultural heritage of Royal Icing during it’s 175th year of celebrations (1840 -2015)
Borneo Cake Exploration Tour
In 2015 Corporation Complete Deelite (Hong Kong) in association with Royal Brunei Airlines, Le Apple Bakery Chain (Brunei), Kino Events (Malaysia) Baker’s Talk Bakery Chain (Malaysia) Hilton Hotels and Resorts (Malaysia) and Kelmy (Spain) invited David and Edward to attend the ‘Borneo Cake Exploration Tour’ as international guests of honour.
Royal Brunei Airlines flew David and Edward from London England to Hong Kong where they met ‘Borneo Cake Exploration Tour’ event organiser Mrs Agnes Chin and associates along with other students from Hong Kong and China.
Taking another flight to Malaysia, the corporate cake decorating convention began in Kuching, the capital of Sarawak in East Malaysia on the island of Borneo, starting with a 4 day programme of demonstration and hands-on seminars taking place at The Hilton Hotel.
This event was followed by Kuching’s first ever live cake decorating competition where students competed in an open air shopping mall delighting onlookers, TV, press and media. David and Edward were invited to be on the judging panel and enjoyed watch all the cakes being created during the 3 hour event.
The next day David was invited to officially open a new outlet of the large Malaysian Bakery Chain ‘Bakers Talk’
To mark the occasion David was asked to sign his autograph in Royal Icing piped onto a silver frame which was displayed on the wall of the bakery store.
The first leg of the ‘Borneo Cake Exploration Tour’ ended with an invitation for David and Edward to attend a VIP charity gala benefit dinner to enjoy an evening of celebrating fine food, music and life while being made aware of much needed support for Alzheimer’s in Kuching.
During the event David played the piano performing his original music and then created a Royal Icing painting live which was framed and auctioned at the event, raising $500 for the Alzheimer Charity.
On the second leg of the ‘Borneo Cake Exploration Tour’ Royal Brunei Airlines flew David and Edward to Bandar Seri, the capital city of The Royal Kingdom of Brunei to to attend a 3 day cake decorating convention at ‘Le Apple’ – one of Brunei’s most successful bakery chains. On the final day of the convention, following sightseeing and afternoon tea at Brunei’s exclusive Empire Hotel and Country Club, David and Edward along with fellow students were invited to attend a private party given in their honour.
During the evening David was presented with a delicious cake created by the team at ‘Le Apple’ complete with an edible hand painting of David created on the top of the design!
Enjoying an evening of ‘Zumba’ David, Edward, students along with event organisers made sure with all that dancing, they could enjoy eating all the cake – without gaining the calories!
Returning to Hong Kong David and Edward enjoyed attending the final leg of the ‘The Borneo Cake Exploration Tour’ as well as enjoying the sights and sounds of Hong Kong before heading back 5,997 miles to Liverpool England, enjoying their 5 star rated experience with Royal Brunei Airlines.
David and Edward thank students and international corporations
“It has been such an incredible journey and we feel most honoured to have been invited to Asia to attend such exciting corporate events. Spending quality time with corporate executives, event organisers and fellow cake decorators has been wonderful and the magical experiences we have shared will remain in our hearts forever! “
For more information about David’s Cake Craft cake decorating masterclass courses click here
Check Out Special Feature:
Corporate Seminars and Conventions – Europe and USA
The Liverpool cake decorators international travels first began with a telephone call from an event organiser in Spain, inviting David and Edward to attend a corporate cake decorating seminar as international guests of honour…
Check Out Special Feature:
VIP Corporate Events and Charity Benefit Galas
David and Edward have been invited by many international international corporations to attend VIP Corporate Events and Charity Galas as international guests of honour…